As Scout leaders of Nairobi we are dismayed by the article appearing on
the daily Nation dated 16th September 2020. We are also concerned that
the scout leadership led by the Chief Commissioner, the deputy chief
commissioner, the Chair of technical Committee and the CEO took it upon
themselves to do the article without calling for a meeting or writing to the
leadership to respond. This was in bad light to the Association that has the
largest membership in Kenya.
The same team KSA board has continued to squander the annual
allocation of Millions of shillings from the government which never reaches
the Scouts who should be the beneficiary, take for example since march no
scout activity has been done whereas the money should have been used to
support vulnerable scouts and scout leaders.
As Scout leaders we are officially involved in planning and installation of
the Governor as our patron and the process started way back in 2018.
Please note that
- On 11th September the Nairobi county Scouts leadership installed the
Governor as our Patron, this practice is accrued out across the
counties with many Governors installed as Patrons
- The installation was a Nairobi Affair and the Kenya Scouts
Association Board was aware of the plans and a meeting was held to
look at the programme at the Kenya Scouts Association headquarters
with the CEO Mr. Moses Danda present.
- As Scout Leaders of the Kenya Scouts Association we followed all
the procedures carried out during an investiture ceremony for Scouts.
- We have always participated with the Governor in events like the
Good deeds and he has always supported Scouting.
- We are not aware and there is no written procedure in the current
constitution for installation of a Governor and the ceremony was
carried out by warranted Scout Commissioners.
- As the Nairobi Scout leaders we also participated in installation of the
former Governor of Nairobi without the involvement of the National
- Scout leaders in counties have continuously partnered with the
County Governments through the Governors for support in Scout
Activities and also take part in county events. Kilifi, Mombasa,
Makueni, Migori, Kisumu Governors have all been installed with the
involvement of the National Scouts Board
- When governors are installed the Kenya Scouts Association Board
members never attend the ceremony, it is attended by the leadership
of that particular county.
- It was against all Scouts Principles and Most of all a betrayal of the
Scouts Honor. Misleading the Public that The Nairobi City County
Governor is ignorant of the Procedure and that he was been installed
as the National Patron. That was clear Bad Politics in trying to create
non existing conflicts between the National Patron and Nairobi
Patron. We condemn such Abuse of Office.
- We also take to question of the Kenya Scouts Association
Leaders who Signed the Public Notice are currently being sued in
court for holding office illegal and against the Kenya Scouts
Signed by scout leaders, on 17th September 2020