Kisumu County Director of Tourism Thomas Ouko was elected the Secretary to the Inter Governmental Sectoral Forum during the four day Inter Governmental Consultative Forum held at Laico Regency Hotel, Nairobi. The Chairmanship went to David Kariuki the County Executive Committee (CEC) Tourism, Embu County.
The Tourism Sector Forum will include State Department of Devolution, Council of Governors, State Department of Tourism, Tourism CEC Caucus Rep, County Tourism Directors Rep, Tourism Chief Officers Rep, State Department of Wildlife and Private Sector – Kenya Tourism Federation.
This forum engaged the participation of different sectors in the country. The subsequent sectoral forums will create platforms for engagements between and across the two levels of Governments on functions as assigned in the fourth schedule of the Constitution and review the progress of the sectors at both levels of Governments.
The following Sectors were involved and participated in the four day forum:
1. Public Service, Youth, and Gender Services
3. Agriculture and Education
4. Water and Sanitation
6. Environment and Fortress
7. Treasury and Planning
8. Labour, Social Security and Services
9. Information, Communication and Technology
10. Lands and Physical Planning
11. Industry, Trade and Cooperatives
12. Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development
13. Sports and Heritage
14. Mining and Petroleum