Officers from procurement, finance and accounting departments at the National Youth Service (NYS) have been sent on compulsory leave by the Public Service, Youth and Gender Affairs secretary Margaret Kobia to pave way for investigations into the loss of billions of shillings of taxpayers money at the agency.
“I hereby direct that all officers at NYS in Procurement, Finance and Accounting who are under investigations are directed to proceed on compulsory leave effective immediate to allow investigators to complete their work,” said Kobia through a statement on Sunday
DCI Director George Kinoti on Sunday said that his organization had summoned government officials and business people who had been paid by the agency for supplying various goods and services.
“We don’t want to frame anyone. We want to ensure once we send the files to the DPP, we are on the same page with the accused so that they don’t come to complain they were framed. We have summoned them to explain their cases that we have so far developed.”said Kinoti
The DCI has said that at least 40 people will be questioned and the process concluded in three to five days.